The Seychelles Travel Essentials You Should Know
The Seychelles travel essentials list is important to first-time travelers to this enchanting island. The gorgeousness of Seychelles is better seen and described.
You need to know the Seychelles travel essentials before your arrival, to help you acclimatize to the tourist haven faster.
What are the Seychelles travel essentials?
The following are some of the Seychelles travel essentials:
- Electric Plugs
You will definitely need to take care of your mobile gadgets, laptops, and other power-dependent kinds of stuff.
Electric plugs always come in handy. 220-240 volts AC 50 Hz is what you make use of in Seychelles and the square three-pin.
- Bag Cover
Bag covers are always what smart travelers move around with and in Seychelles; you will not have a regret coming with one.
- Safety Wallets
Safety is important, especially for your money and other valuables that can be hidden in wallets. They include some of the Seychelles travel essentials you can bring.
- Travel Toiletries
Toiletries are very essential when you are in Seychelles. These may include hand sanitizer, sun cream, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, shower gel, razor, and toothpaste.
Traveling with sarongs is what you need because they can serve many purposes for you in Seychelles.
- First Aid Kit
For those who are suffering from any medical condition, they can come with their medication, not forgetting sun cream
Clothes Based on Season
- Tourists are expected to come with light clothing for Seychelles’s warm tropical weather.
- Clothes that are heavy may not be advisable because of the relatively humid and hot atmosphere.
- Hats and sunglasses are important to protect against UV rays. Unpleasant sunburn can be avoided when the body is well protected.
- During the first days of sunbathing, proper protection is required like the use of hats and sunshades.
- T-shirts can be general clothing in Seychelles, especially when going snorkeling or swimming.
- Men can make use of long trousers during the evenings with footwear. Appropriate working shoes are advised to be used when taking walks or excursions.
Seychelles travel essentials to use
Seychelles makes use of Rupie. Some of the Seychelles travel essentials include coming with Eurocheques or TravellersCheques. Credit cards are recommended too.
Money can be exchanged in the banks. There are many banks in Seychelles and most of them open in the morning while few in the afternoon.
It is advisable to exchange money in the bank because that is the only place you can get value for your money.
Tourists coming to Seychelles irrespective of where they are coming from do not need any visa requirement to visit Seychelles.
However, they are expected to come with the following documents that will allow them to obtain the immigration clearance to come in.
Those coming in with “Kinderausweis” that is issued to German minors and those up to 15 years of age are allowed to enter Seychelles provided the minor traveling is covered in the document.
A Visitor’s Permit is granted when the tourist provides the above documents upon their arrival and issued by the Seychelles Department of Immigration.
This permit is only valid for a month but can be extended for three months to a maximum of a year provided the person is able to meet the criteria of who a bona fide tourist is.
The Permit is free for the first three months and extra months comes with a charge. These Seychelles travel essentials are important to the immigration.
Theft and Safety
- Visiting Seychelles can be trouble-free; however, this does not mean that tourists cannot be robbed.
- The crime rate is increasing, especially targeted burglaries and opportunist thefts that happen against tourists and residents.
- Places like Beau Vallon beach and Victoria are some of the places that these crimes happen.
- You should ensure that you have secured your things after dark and try to stay clear of dark places.
- Your documents should be photocopied to avoid losing them to theft and should be kept safe.
- Piracy is a great threat in the ocean and it is not advisable that you travel in yachts on the high sea that is more than 12 nautical miles from the shore.
- Terrorism is low here. The island is mountainous and you should be careful while driving due to the winding and narrow roads.